March 04, 2009

Fashion on the "Red Carpet" at the Navy Sea Bee Ball

A Navy friend's new bride asked me what kind of dress would be appropriate for her first Sea Bee Ball. I replied to her email with a "Red Carpet" take on this highly anticipated annual event. "A picture is worth a thousand words" is a truism that applies perfectly here so enjoy a glimpse of some past "couture" seen on our "Red Carpet". A few of my family are shown: the little girl is my granddaughter Makinsey; the lady in the white top and blue taffeta is our home builder's wife, Kirsten; I am the one standing in front of the flag in a navy crepe full-length gown; the lady with long dark hair in a black crepe gown with stole is my sister, Marybeth; and the two ladies in photo at right bottom-- are my sister Doreen (pink satin top), and next to her my sister-in-law, Jill ( black crepe satin gown with white satin collar). Am looking forward to this year's Sea Bee Navy gala but won't have long to wait because it happens this weekend (090307). Look for another "Red Carpet" update in the near future.

No comments: